by Alice Carter
- One package chicken parts (legs, thighs or breasts), about 1 pound.
Normally you cook with the skin on, removing the skin when you eat.
- One medium potato
- Two carrots
- Curry sauce, like chocolate, about 1 inch square.
- Wash chicken parts; not necessary to dry them. Put in pot.
- Put in enough water to mostly cover the chicken (per demonstration).
- Cook over medium power until it starts to boil.
- While waiting, peel the potato and carrots. Cut the potato in
1 inch cubes; slice the carrot in 1 cm discs.
- Add the potatoes and carrots when the water boils
- When it boils again, turn down the fire. Ensure that a little vapor
is coming out but lower the fire so it doesn't dry out or boil over.
Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add and mix in the curry sauce.
- Cook 10 minutes more. No need to "check" if it's done.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Wash your hands after finishing the steps where you handle raw meat.